Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!



I decided to start off the new year with a blog entry, especially since its been a while since I've updated. Nothing huge to report at the moment. I'm just about 16 weeks and feeling very normal. No more morning heaving, and I can tolerate most foods again. Its kinda got me back in the mindset of "Is this still real?" The only thing that has happened lately is that over Christmas, I had a HUGE, and I'm talking excruciating pain on my left side. We were in Ruidoso with Austin's parents for the week, and we were meeting my parents for dinner that night. It started in the middle of the day, and I thought I could ignore it, but by the time my dinner came, I could hardly sit/stand/talk/move without major pain. Now, don't be too alarmed. It turns out that it was just extreme constipation. I know, gross. But this is something you have to look forward to if you have never been pregnant. The hormones slow everything down in your digestive track so the baby can get every ounce of nutrients. Good for baby, shitty (pardon the pun) for mommy.
Ok, on to another topic that isn't so disgusting. While we were in Ruidoso, I wanted to ski oh-so-badly. I didn't and I consider that the first of many sacrifices I will be making for this little bundle of joy. I did, however, sled...a lot. We had an awesome hill as a driveway and took full advantage. I'm pretty sure sledding is safe enough, I didnt fall out or do anything crazy. I can't say the same for the baby's daddy or uncle, though. Austin took a kamikazee sledding run and almost killed himself on a pile of firewood. I'll attach a picture of that one. I told him if he had died, I would've raised him from the dead and killed him again myself for leaving me alone with this child. Uncle Jordan is just crazy anyway and did some insane runs himself. Meredith (Jordan's wife) and I have bonded over our crazy husbands.
I'm starting to show a little now, but can still wear my normal jeans. The jeans with the band really are the most comfortable pairs of pants I've ever put on, though. I just feel silly right now wearing them when my bump is just a little bit bigger than a Thanksgiving dinner bulge.
On the 5th, I"m going to get all the tests taken for birth defects. I think this just involves a lot of blood being drawn. The first time the tech drew my blood, she couldn't find the vein and it was a very uncomfortable experience for me. The next time, despite my nervousness, was a whole lot better. We'll see how good she is this time. My veins seem to be popping out on their own and its not very hard to locate one due to the extra blood pumping through them at the moment. Jan 19 is when we find out the sex of the baby. I am 85% sure its a girl, and Austin seems to be relenting to that fact. We'll see though! I'm just excited to find out and will be happy with whatever is there!

No comments:

Post a Comment